Free Yard Waste Days!
April 15th - May 31st
SPRING YARD WASTE DAYS!!!
The Boone County Landfill’s Yard Waste Processing Facility will accept residential yard waste Free-of-Charge* from April 15th through May 31st, 2017
YARD WASTE IS DEFINED AS:
grass clippings, leaves, weeds, brush, branches, limbs, Christmas trees as well as any plant or vegetable waste (not considered to be food waste) generated through routine yard maintenance
Please note that:
- This program is only available to residents of the Landfill’s primary service area (Boone County (except Sheldahl); Greene County (except Jefferson); and the Cities of Bouton, Woodward, Granger, Somers, Farnhamville and Lohrville.)
- All loads (yard waste, garbage, demolition, appliances, etc.) delivered to the Landfill must be covered with a secured tarp (even if waste is in bags or containers.)Trucks and trailers must also have a tailgate.The only exception to this policy is that brush can be securely tied instead of being tarped.
- Failure to comply with the covered load policy will result in a$10.00 fee being assessed per uncovered load.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ashes, landscape timbers, construction/demolition waste, wire, bricks, stone/rock, lattice, lumber, uncut trees, stumps, animal bedding, baled hay/straw, plastic, paper, bags, litter or other types of garbage can be mixed in with the yard waste.The facility does not accept land clearing waste.
- NOTICE!! Leaving any type of waste at the Boone County Landfill during non-business hours is considered to be illegal dumping.Violators will be prosecuted.
Days and times the Landfill will accept yard waste free-of-charge* are:
Mondays - Fridays: 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. & Saturdays: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Please note that the Landfill’s Yard Waste Processing Facility is OPEN March 1st through November 30th of each year. Normal tipping fees apply except during Spring and Fall Yard Waste Days.
QUESTIONS? Please call the Boone County Landfill at 433-0591.
* This program is supported by Per-Capita User Fees.