Fines Recovery & License Reinstatement Program
The Boone County Attorney's Office has established a program to assist those who have delinquent financial court obligations in Boone County. For many, outstanding court debt has become a source of ongoing stress, financial hardship and in some cases additional court costs resulting from contempt of court and jail time.
Those who might not qualify for driver's license reinstatement at this time might be eligible for a payment plan through our office while they work to meet the other requirements for reinstatement.
The possibility of one payment for all your delinquent Boone County cases:
- Renewal of vehicle registration
- Reinstatement of driving privileges
- Avoid contempt charges
- Avoid garnishment of wages
- Peace of mind
(Payment plans must remain in good standing and are subject to program rules and Iowa Code 331.756 & 602.8107)
Requirements for license reinstatement:
- Child support must be current for driver's license reinstatement
- Proof of employment (2 pay stubs)
- If not employed and receiving income from FIP, SSI or other non-employment income, applicant may be accepted for a payment plan upon review.
- Must obtain and maintain liability insurance (Auto Insurance) for license reinstatement
- No pending criminal charges or outstanding arrest warrants
- DOT civil penalties must be paid before applicant will qualify. (Contact Department of Transportation for more information at 515-244-9124)
- 1st payment due at time of admittance
If you would like more information, please leave a message at (515) 433-4992.