The Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) has been relocated to Story County at 126 South Kellogg, Suite 101 in Ames, Iowa.
DHS determines eligibility for financial assistance programs, (including child care), investigates child and adult abuse and provides case oversight and funding for family services and foster care.
To find out more about these services, how to file an application or contact DHS, please visit the Iowa DHS website.
900 W. 3rd St.
Boone, IA 50036
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 12 p.m.
1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Social Services Building Occupants
- Michelle Hull | 515-433-7836
- Amber Ahrens | 515-433-7836
- Anita Claman | 515-433-4892
- JoAnn Hanson | 515-433-4893
- Deb Rohlfs | 515-297-4386
- Kim Schomaker, CICS Service Coordinator | 515-433-4883
- Brittany Baker, CICS Justice Coordinator | 515-689-6012 (cell)
- Steve Cunningham, VSO Director | 515-433-4904
- Alice Kenney, VSO, Administrative Assistant | 515-433-0593
Boone County Mental Health Advocate
- Richey Thongvanh | 515-433-4886
Boone County General Relief
- Darlene Doerder, GA and VA GA Coordinator | 515-433-0593
- Alice Kenney, Administrative Assistant and Receptionist | 515-433-0593