Treasurer and Drivers License Clerk
Boone County Treasurers' office has two positions available, Clerk position in the Treasurer's office and a Driver's License clerk in the Motor Vehicle office. Applicants will be cross-trained to work in both departments.
The position is a full-time position with County benefits. The position reports directly to the Boone County Treasurer and assists the Treasurer in the administration of the office according to Iowa Code Section 331.551 Hours are 8 am and 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday. This position has been classified as FLSA Non-exempt.
- Receives money from customers at the counter or by mail.
- Answers telephone and conveys messages.
- Follow balancing procedures which will be done daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Have knowledge of the computer systems utilized in the office. This includes Solutions software, the state of Iowa Arts system, and some knowledge of word and excel. Will be able to operate these systems as required in the day-to-day business of the office.
- Know how to operate the postage machine and run mail daily.
- All duties related to the issuance of driver’s licenses including but not limited to: knowledge of the issuance programs, administering testing on a computer or on paper, scanning documents, operation of the vision machine, procedural policies regarding drivers with certain medical conditions and foreign nationals, and attending required training sessions. May also be required to do behind-the-wheel drive testing with proper training by DOT-trained personnel.
- Knowledge of the property tax business including but not limited to: tax collection, miscellaneous receipts, tax sale redemptions, mobile home tax clearance forms, assist in the completion of the senior citizen and disabled forms, and tax searches.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle business including but not limited to: motor vehicle registration renewals, issuance of new license plates as needed, issuance of personalized plates and specialized plates, assist customers by relaying information to them that is required for them to comply with Iowa laws.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Ability
- Must pass a background check, fingerprint check, physical, and drug test.
- Operate a computer and a calculator.
- Perform accurate mathematical computations.
- Must have the ability to work with the public and co-workers in a respectful, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Required to help in all areas of the office as needed.
- Answer inquiries from the public.
7, Drive a vehicle on some occasions.
Essential Education, Certification, and/or Licenses
High school Diploma or GED
Will be required to pass State mandated training requirements.
One to three years of experience in clerical office work, basic accounting principles, and practices preferred.
$19.89 - $25.15/hour
201 State St, Boone
Did You Know
Sign up to receive notifications when board meetings and agendas are posted, job openings are announced, and more.Customize Your Notifications