Main Office located at Don Williams Recreation Area
610 H Ave
Ogden, IA 50212
Phone: (515) 353-4237
Office hours: 8:00-4:30 Monday through Friday
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC: Updated 6/15/20
The Don Williams Recreation Area & Swede Point campgrounds are now open for normal camping, including buddy and group camping. .
- Note, unless the gravel sites are pull through, they must be backed into
- We will still be enforcing our regular rules of 6 people registered to a campsite
- The Shower houses are open. Our campground hosts and staff are doing their best to keep facilities clean and sanitized, but users are are encouraged to take precautions when using public facilities
- The rental shelters may now be used at full capacity
- All groups are still encouraged to socially distance and practice proper hygiene at all times.
Due to the volatile situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, these guidelines are subject to change.
Our top priority has been and will continue to be the health and well-being of Boone County Conservation visitors, program attendees, volunteers, and staff.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Welcome to Boone County Conservation!
Boone County is located in central Iowa just west of Ames and northwest of Des Moines. The county conservation board manages 9 parks and recreation areas, including the High Trestle Trail Bridge. These areas encompass some 1254 acres and 9 miles of paved multi-use trail. Each of these unique areas has something wonderful to offer to the public. From trekking through prairies and oak savannas, to picnicking, camping, hunting, fishing, and even golfing, we hope that you will immerse yourself in all our areas have to offer.
We also offer year-round educational and recreational programs for all ages to enjoy. Check out upcoming events on our online calendar!