County Drainage Districts

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Board of Supervisors are trustees for over 200 drainage districts within the county. To report a problem regarding a county drainage district, please contact the Boone County Engineer's Office at 515-433-0530. Employees from the road maintenance shops will perform routine repairs on the drainage district structures;  more extensive repair work may be completed by private contractors. The term "county tile" is often misunderstood.  The property owners within a drainage district's boundaries are the owners of tile within the district;  the Board of Supervisors are trustees or caretakers of the tile for each district.

Here is a link to some frequently asked questions about drainage districts.

Copies of the maps of drainage districts are available from the Engineer’s Office at the Courthouse in Boone.  Please contact the Drainage Clerk in the Auditor's Office if you need information about assessments received with your property tax notice. 

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer