The Boone County Recorder’s Office contains valuable information concerning your home, family, business and recreation. The Recorder’s office maintains all official real estate documents and provides retrieval and reproduction of these records for the public and businesses.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE RECORDER FOR BOONE COUNTY, IOWA
- RELEASES & ASSIGNMENTS
- SURVEYS & CORNER CERTIFICATES
- FEDERAL AND STATE TAX LIENS
- MILITARY SERVICE RECORDS
- TRADE NAMES
- FINANCING STATEMENTS
- POWERS OF ATTORNEY
See: Recorder Real Estate Recording Page
VITAL RECORDS (AVAILABLE FROM COUNTY OR STATE OFFICES)
- BIRTH, DEATH & MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES
- MARRIAGE LICENSES
- CERTIFIED COPIES
See: Recorder Vital Records Page
- BOAT REGISTRATIONS, TITLES, LIENS
- SNOWMOBILE REGISTRATION, TITLES, LIENS
- ATV REGISTRATIONS, TITLES, LIENS
- HUNTING & FISHING LICENSES
- HABITAT, DUCK & TROUT STAMPS
- FUR HARVESTER LICENSES
- DEER AND TURKEY LICENSES
- LANDOWNER/TENANT DEER & TURKEY LICENSES
- Boone County Recorder will no longer be an authorized Passport agent as of May 1st, 2011.
- The National Passport Services Office has changed the requirements for facilities that issue both a Birth Certificate and a Passport. We have tried but, can not meet these requirements. We have been issuing passports for many years and will really miss helping our customers work through the process of applying for a Passport Book or Card.
- Boone County Planning and Development has graciously said they would take over issuing Passports. They have applied and are waiting to hear if they will be approved by Passport Services to take over this service for Boone County.