Frequently Asked Questions
Resources & ServicesAbout Us Conservation Board Conservation Efforts Conservation Foundation Education Links & Resources REAP Committee Recreational Areas Shelters and Cabins Upcoming Events FAQ Department Home
How much does it cost to camp?
- Tent Sites: $11/night
- Electric sites: $18/night
- Campground A at Don Williams: $20/night (50 amp electric)
- Stay for 6 nights, get the 7th night free!
Can I reserve a campsite in advance?
All sites are on a first come, first serve basis. You may come in advance and reserve your own spot. If you do, you must leave a camping unit on the site, such as a tent or camper. Every night the site is reserved must be paid for. Remember to fill out a registration slip, put it in the post, and leave the envelope in the registration building or registration tube with your payment for all days the camping unit will be on it.
Do you accept credit cards for campsites?
Payment for a campsite must be made with cash or check only.
How do I reserve a campsite at Don Williams?
- As you drive into the campgrounds stop at the registration building. There you will find a mailbox on the building that contains blank registration forms.
- Fill out the top section of the envelope with:
- Phone number
- Number of people camping
- Number of nights you are staying
- Once you have found your campsite, put the number of the site on the registration form, place the completed top slip in the post of your site, put your full payment into the envelope, and return your payment to the registration building. If there is no one around to collect your registration just slip the envelope through the slot on the door.
- Enjoy your stay!
Do you have full hookups?
The simple answer to that question is no. We have 30 amp hook ups for all electric sites. There are many hydrants around so you can fill your holding tank in your unit. Most campsites have water close enough to run a hose to them without having to hook up and drive to the water. There are dump stations located near each campground. It is free to dump if you are a registered camper.
How do I rent a cabin, the lodge, or the shelter house at Don Williams Recreation Area?
You can book these on the facilities tab at MyCountyParks.com. The cabins fill quickly in the summer months, so it is best to plan well in advance and reserve them early.
When can I reserve a shelter house or the cabins?
- The shelter houses at both Don Williams Recreation Area and Swede Point can be reserved starting November 1st for the coming year.
- The cabins at Don Williams may be reserved up to one year in advance. Remember that the cabins fill quickly for the summer months, so call early to reserve them!